• young ginger (peeled)
• Green chili (cut into thin rings)
• Salt to taste
1. Grate young ginger.
2. Cut a few green chilies across into rings. If you do not like the spiciness of the seeds, slit each chili lengthwise and remove seeds before cutting the chili into rings.
3. Place ginger and chili rings loosely into a jar.
4. Mix water, vinegar, sugar and salt and boil.
5. pour the hot mixture into the jar of grated ginger and green chili.
6. Close jar lid tightly after ingredients has cooled. Refrigerate.
7. Let relish sit overnight or longer for flavors to mix.
Vinegar, ginger and chili are germicidal making them good companions for raw foods such as salads and sushi. This relish also increases salivation and stimulate the stomach to ramp up its digestive juice secretion.
Ginger and chili induces perspiration and promotes energy circulation, transporting blood and oxygen more efficiently to tiny blood vessels as well as facilitate toxin removal. They prevent platelets from clumping together, thin the blood to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis [hardening of arteries]. To learn more about ginger and home remedy recipes, see next section.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
Ginger fights flu and indigestion + Remedies – (New window)
The benefits, traditional medicinal uses as well as precautions about this culinary herb.
A recipe to Clear sinus congestion using ginger and another to treat Sore throat using vinegar from the article,
‘CURATIVE HONEY + Recipes’ – (New window)
HAZEL WARMER is a massage oil recipe for oily skin from GOOD SKINCARE NATURALLY  – Oily Skin – (New window)